Thursday, January 24, 2013

How a fantasy cover is made, plus contest housekeeping

I thought this was terrific (I wrote "fantastic" and then changed it, you're welcome!): artist Michael Whelan's extremely detailed blog post on the process of developing the cover for the final book in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.

The Making of A Memory of Light

(via Galleycat)


Also, as I never heard from Kinley re: her contest win, let's move on to the next winner. I am rushing a bit today so I'm not going to cut and paste images from the random.org site, but our new winner is.... (drumroll)...

Stephanie! 

Stephanie, I've sent you an email-- provided you're still interested, let's talk details on the critique.

The new year has brought lots of good things my way, but it's keeping me extremely busy, too. Hope the same is true for all of you!

No comments: